September 23, 2022
Dear Valued Tourism Industry Partners,
I am excited about the hustle and bustle and positive energy of September after what was a really good summer. One of our partners recently released their most current traveler sentiment research which is very encouraging.
According to recent data conducted by Destinations Analysts, American leisure travelers are most excited to take family trips and romantic getaways in the next 12 months. Their top travel priorities are spending time with loved ones, visiting new places they haven’t been before, having fun, relaxing and being happy. Here is more of their recently released data:
- Sixty-two percent (62%) of Americans took at least one overnight trip between mid-May and mid-August.
- Currently, 29% of American travelers say they have a leisure trip planned in September and 30% have a leisure trip planned in October—on the rise since last month.
- Nearly two-thirds (64.7%) of American travelers still expect to take at least one overnight leisure trip in the next three months.
- Nearly half (47%) plan to take an overnight trip specifically to visit friends or relatives in this time frame. Looking further ahead, a growing number of Americans say they are open to travel inspiration (68%; up nearly 7-points compared to July) and are increasingly excited about their travel in the future (80% report high levels of excitement for travel, up 4-points in the past month).
This is great news for us given our prime position on the East Coast and our drive market makes us the perfect solution for either a quick getaway or full-on vacation!. As over summer, I know we are all looking forward to making each and every guest feel welcomed and glad they chose Virginia Beach above all other destinations.
Opportunity Open for Signing Up for Free Simpleview Partner Pipeline Training
- Is your listing on VisitVirginiaBeach.com the best it can be?
- Do you want to learn more about how to optimize your free marketing opportunities on Virginia Beach’s official tourism website?
- Are you interested in finding out more, for free?
The CVB has you covered! We’re excited to be bringing in professional training staff from Simpleview next week (Wed, 9/28) to facilitate our Partner Pipeline Training.
As those of you who are engaged in the platform have discovered, the Partner Pipeline is an important online marketing and business opportunity platform. Used for collaboration between the Virginia Beach CVB and its partners in the hospitality industry, whether you need a refresher, have new staff or want to learn how to maximize your opportunities, you will want to attend this training. Here are links to the information and registration:
Bringing a laptop is encouraged, but not required. You and your staff do not want to miss this opportunity to manage and showcase your business. Looking forward to seeing you on September 28th!
As always, my team and I remain committed to you and our industry. Please let me know how we can assist.
Hotel Performance for the Week of Aug. 28 - Sept. 3, 2022 - According to STR, Virginia Beach was within the top 25 performing DMO’s for the week of August 28 – September 3. Virginia Beach’s hotel occupancy rate for this week was up 4.9% at 61% occupancy and up 1.2% for the running 28-day trend. ADR was slightly down -1.6% to $205.19, where we also saw a slight decrease of -3.0% for the running 28-day trend. RevPAR was up 3.2% at $125.27, where we saw a -1.8% decrease within the running 28-day trend. In comparison to 2019, we are up on occupancy with an increase of 4.4% as well as an increase in ADR and RevPAR of 33.7% and 39.6% respectively.